Text Crime Tips Anonymously!
Use Tip 411
Comments or Concerns?
El Paso Police
Texas Attorney General
Texas Crime Prevention Summer Conference
- Background Investigations
- The El Paso County Sheriff's Office Background Investigation Section is assigned under the Support Services Division. The three background investigators work Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. The three investigators work independently or as a team on background investigation cases needed to fill employment vacancies. Investigators also coordinate work with Human Resources personnel to accomplish the hiring process.
- A background investigation must be conducted on all full time employees of the Sheriff's Office to include Peace Officers, Detention Officers and all civilian personnel. In addition, Clinic Personnel assigned to the both jails, Volunteers, Jail Ministers, Commissary Personnel, Cafeteria Staff (Headquarters), and personnel from the cleaning service contractor all go through the background investigations section. Periodically, employees of the County of El Paso, not Sheriff's Office employees, are also submitted for a background investigation for various purposes. The background investigation consists of a thorough analysis of an individual's criminal background, identity, employment history, financial responsibility, and social standing and reputation within the community.
- The Background Investigators are also tasked as the Urinalysis Coordinators for the Sheriff's Office. Investigators send officers to the designated drug testing location. Investigator is the liaison between the drug testing clinic and the Sheriff's Office.
- El Paso County Sheriff's Office Headquarters
3850 Justice Dr.
El Paso, Texas 79938