Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Road & Bridge Department
800 E. Overland
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 546-2015
Fax (915) 546-8194
Public Works Department
- Certificate of Compliance
- Procedure to Obtain a Certificate of Plat Compliance
- Texas state law requires Certificates of Plat Compliance to be issued by the County of El Paso for all residential properties located outside of the limits of incorporated cities and municipalities. To obtain a Certificate of Plat Compliance from the County of El Paso applicants must provide the following documents:
- Legal Description
- Recorded Warranty Deed, Contract of Sale, or Recorded Executory Contract of the property for which the certificate is being requested.
- Water Service
Public Water System:
- Proof of potable water, such as a copy of a current water utility bill, or a certified letter from the utility company indicating water is available and will be provided of sufficient quality and quantity to meet the minimum Texas state standards.
- Private Water Well:
- Certified letter from a certified laboratory indicating the water is of sufficient quality and quantity to meet the minimum Texas state standards, along with the laboratory analysis and results.
- Sewer Service:
Public Sewer Service:
- Proof of sewer service, such as a copy of a current sewer utility bill, or copy of contract for sewer services with utility company.
- Septic System:
- Certified Registration Form or License to Operate for the Satisfaction Installation of the On-site Sewage Disposal System from the El Paso City-County Health and Environmental District, indicating the septic system has been registered or inspected by the El Paso City-County Health and Environmental District.
- A Certificate of Plat Compliance from the County of El Paso is required prior to connecting or reconnecting all utilities, or when a change in utility service is requested from the utility company, for residential properties that are located outside of the limits of incorporated cities or municipalities.
- All residential properties outside the limits of incorporated cities and municipalities must have drinking water available and an approved sewer or septic system prior to requesting electrical and gas services.
- Request for Certificates of Plat Compliance may be made, and Certificates of Plat Compliance may be obtained from 8:00 A.M. to 12:00 noon and from 1:00 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. Certificate of Plat Compliance will require approval by the Commissioner's Court and will be available by noon each Tuesday of the following week after a Commissioner's Court Meeting.
- A non-refundable fee of $25.00 will be charged for each request for Certificate of Plat Compliance and is due at the time of request. Request for Certificate of Plat Compliance may be made and Certificate of Plat Compliance may be obtained at:
- El Paso County Courthouse
- Road & Bridge Department
- 800 E. Overland
- Suite 407, El Paso, Texas 79901